- Magnet University
Magnet University - Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Our customers ask many questions about our products. Some of the more common questions are listed here. Most of these questions are related to our standard stock magnets which are sintered Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnets.
- Type of material being pulled against;
- Surface conditions;
- Physical contact;
- Magnet characteristics such as plating composition; and
- Presence or absence of lateral and rotational forces.
- Clean and degrease the surface of the nickel plating using an industrial solvent degreaser (alcohol and common detergents are not effective degreasers);
- Abrade the surface with 200 grit emery cloth without removing the plating;
- Degrease and clean the surface again;
- Test the surface with water. If the surface wets and the water does not bead, it is ready for the application of adhesive; and
- Allow to dry.